06 August, 2006

Me, myself and mine…

Why is it that we’re always so occupied with ourselves? Humans are weird like that. We so often end up in this bubble where everything is about me, myself and mine… know I’m there at least… I get so caught up in my own struggles and my own problems. It’s as if the whole world spins around me. And then I miss the fact that there are people around, even friends, who are going through a hard time, because I’m so consumed with my own pain, my own troubles, so I don’t see the hard times of those around me … How many times could I have been there to help my friends through, but I’ve just been too consumed with my own hurts to see…

“Realizing God is a work all around me and that he regularly invites me to be a part of that work has given me a heightened sense of anticipation that something extraordinary might happen right before my eyes.” I’m reading this book, it’s really about something totally different, but I was reading this passage in it and it made me think… what is God doing in the people I meet today, and how can I help? What does He want to say to this person through me today? You know, I’ve realised, that when I focus more on how I can help, how I can bless, the people around me, I feel better myself. When I don’t let my mind whirl around all the thoughts I don’t want anyone to see, all the feelings I wish I didn’t have, all the stings in my heart that I try to hide… all the things I know is wrong, know is not reality, but still feel so real. When I don’t dwell on that, but focus on giving to others instead, they actually decrease much more. When I focus on others instead of dwelling in my own little world, I get energized.

2 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

yay!! I love this post too!!
i love all your posts.
I feel the same most times and i realize that I need to be more focused on God and on others' needs rather than just being so obsessed with my issues. you are so right.
what book is that anyways? i feel that I've been reading it too but I cannot figure out which one (i read many books and once then can never remember where the quotes are from)
hehehe...
write to me maria tell me whats going on in your world..

Anonymous said...

så kjekt og ispirerende å lese det du skriver Maria!! digga deg og e utrolig stolt av deg!!!!
klem lill sissel